Old 07-02-21, 01:59 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,023 Times in 989 Posts
The next step, aside from waiting for Velocals to get my order completed and mailed to me [I am in the 15-20 business day window presently, but man would it really help a guy out if they hustled it along. I know, wait to fill up enough orders to make a print run most cost-efficient regarding material usage, but dang...], is actually several steps. I do have a head badge to mount, but I put the frameset up on its wheels to set saddle position and, crucially, stem/bar/brake lever positions. I aim to replicate the 510's setup on this 620 as that proved comfortable on my 70-miler two weeks ago.

So, you all get a good preview of the overall proportion of the bike. Silver+dark grey decals, the gold head badge, and the silver drivetrain will do wonders to bring out the intrigue, depth, and contrast. CAN'T. WAIT. For now, it looks like I'll need a 110mm stem, a 5-7mm stem mounting point drop, bar rotation up (not pointing downward), and brake lever reposition. I'll be running the stem with no spacers below it to 1) not bulk up the top segment of the bike and introduce an aesthetic imbalance to the bike, and 2) well, I don't need to as I've run this stem on my quill conversion with no spacers directly pressed on by the stem. Save weight, work properly, and look better. Works for me!

(Bottom bracket added for more accurate saddle measuring and setting purposes)
Likes For RiddleOfSteel: