Old 07-05-21, 09:59 AM
nathand

Bikes: 2018 Jamis Renegade Exploit, 1996 Trek 930, mid-90's Dean El Diente, 2010 Scott Addict SL, 1998 Trek 730, Xtracycle EdgeRunner 30D, Xtracycle Swoop, 1992 Trek 790

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 61 Posts
What bicycle consumables do you buy on sale, even if you don't need them right now?

I can't be the only one who sees a deal on my preferred brand of bar tape and buys a roll or two for future use. What consumable bike parts (let's ignore tubes) do you have on hand to do a repair without a trip to the bike shop? What items would you not normally keep on hand, but would buy if the price was good? What have you accumulated like this that you'll never use?

In addition to the aforementioned bar tape (two rolls of Bontrager Gel Cork tape, in red and gray), I picked up an unused 10-speed Shimano chain off CL cheap a while back. I'm pretty sure I'll use it eventually, although I try to monitor chain wear so when I need a new one I have time to order it. Of course, when I went to put it in with the bike parts I found I already had one, so now I have 2; guess I'm set on chains for a while.