Old 07-05-21, 11:17 PM
Wilmingtech

Bikes: 2013 Ridley Helium, 2017 Blue Pro-Secco EX, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
I would match the tape to the big Ridley logo. Its the most prominent thing on the bike, then the tires don't matter. I used to have Gatorskins on my bike, which matched the bike's yellow graphics. I never have found a correct yellow tape, but its not that big of a deal. The GP5000s I have on now no longer have the big yellow graphics.
You got tons of yellow going on there on that bike. And your bar tape does not match.
Haha 😉 It's driving me crazy. You need to find a matching bar tape.

There are 2 things that currently stand out on my Noah. The Ridley logo in red, and the mismatch of the bar tape and tan wheels. If the Pirellis I had worked out it would be a non issue and I could pick up the red in other places. (Like a leather saddle with red carbon rails, that would be sick) But the Pirellis did not work out and I just thought it would be a pretty easy quick fix to get a natural leather bar tape to match the GP5ks for 30$ or so until I sort the Pirellis out.

I'll keep looking. I'm certain if Pirelli replaces the tires that the day I get them back and put them on the bike that there will be a perfectly matching bar tape that cones out the day after.