Old 07-06-21, 04:24 AM
gif4445

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Specialized Diverge, Volagi Liscio, LHT, Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
The TABR route changed after a couple of deaths. Bike Nonstop might be better as far as roads go. Adventure cycling should really do something about their route, it doesn't look like much fun to me. Although in the '70s, the section through Kentucky was reportedly harrowing due to coal trucks, and I understand that's no longer true.
I don't believe there was much, if any change in the route through Kansas. There was some talk about it, but I don't remember any rider, Nathan or dotwatcher say there was in fact a route change, but I sure could be wrong. In 2019 when I rode, they offered the KATY-Morman Alternate. I was the only one who took it. Great route through Nebraska, with good shoulders except for a short stretch in the east. They did not offer that choice this year. I know Nathan has talked more about some of the route in Oregon being suspect. I know the first day, as we headed inland, the Sunday recreational traffic was very heavy on a mostly shoulderless road. I believe Oregon DOT communication to Nathan has been from the viewpoint that the route or parts of, should be changed.