Old 07-06-21, 07:23 AM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Helodrvr
I was in the same position last year. I watched Youtube videos. I read user reports/ratings. Finally, I decided that I definitely did not want a touch screen display. I have owned several other Garmin devices (a couple of watches and a GPS Car Nav System) and was familiar with the basics of the Garmin universe. Even then, at first, the 530 was challenging. Fortunately there are any number of excellent "How-To Set Up Your Garmin 530 videos on Youtube and other places. After using it a bit, I have to say that I am extremely happy with it. The battery life is as stated, Excellent. The GPS sensitivity and the accuracy of the data is also excellent. I use it paired with my Android smart phone via Bluetooth and have had no problems. When my phone did a huge OS update, I did have to re-pair the Garmin (and everything else that was connected via Bluetooth.)

My 530 uploads automatically to the Garmin Connect app as well as to Strava's free service. I only use the Strava service to share info with a couple of close rider friends. But I really like the organization of the Garmin Connect app. I can look at individual rides or at a calendar that shows me each ride for each date in a month. It's been a great motivational tool for me as well as generally just fun to play with.

Mel Hughes
Sparta, TN
Ditto on all the above.