View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 08:15 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Medium Size Dog
I have thought that maybe there should be a distinct class in professional sports. I don't know, call it something like 'The Ghoul Games' where all the participants and all the spectators know that the athletes are doping as much as they want.
This looks tempting on the first thought but it wouldn't work, surely you are not the first to suggest this and won't be the last.

I seriously doubt such open, anything goes class would attract enough racers to hold worthwhile races, at most you could have a bit relaxed doping rules. The whole point of doping is to be a wolf among sheep or at least one of the wolves in a sheep pack, not one of the wolves in a wolf pack.

I think you could have racing class where your bike could be as light as you can make it as well as it having any shape, and where racing rules would be very relaxed, nobody would tell you anything about socks or what you put on if anything, shave and cover yourself in a jelly or slide into a preservative and ride downhill on the top tube, if your bike has any such tube that is

Last edited by vane171; 07-09-21 at 08:43 PM.