mbauman
Mark...

Bikes: Rans Vrex, Rans Screamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Transitioning back to upright riding

My wife and I have been tandeming together for 44 years - approximately 22 years on uprights and the remaining time on our Rans Screamer recumbent tandem. Most of our long tours in the 1500-2000 mile range were ridden on upright tandems, but we still manage to put in quite a few weekly miles on our screamer despite turning 70 soon. Anyway, our current Screamer is 20 years old and we'd like to build up a new bike. Good luck with that. Rans has stopped building screamers with the caveat that they may resume production some time in the future, but I'm not holding my breath. And the Hostel Shoppe has also ceased production of their recumbent tandems. We could buy from a European company like Azub, but that seems too complicated, and we're not really interested in a tandem trike,

And that brings me to the title of my post; has anyone transitioned back to uprights after years of recumbent riding? It's so much easier to buy a high quality conventional tandem, but I'm not sure how that would work out. Any advice, comments or caveats will be appreciated.

Note: we have searched for fairly current used Screamers without much success.