Old 07-13-21, 09:51 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
I tend to believe that those that have actual chain issues like low service life are those that produce huge amounts of torque. And/Or probably either pedal up hill at very low cadences and love to do track stands at stops.

As for being finicky with your chain, if that's what makes your cycling fun, then go for it. But I'd think you'd probably get the same results for your chains no matter what.

If you were to change up your routine, the only thing I might say is why don't you try putting the purple power on your rag and not get the rag too saturated with it as you de-gunk your chain. Don't spray or saturate your chain with purple power or any degreaser. You only want the new lube to push out the old lube.

Better yet, just use some of the lubes that seem to be less oily and create less gunk. You'll need to lube more often but just lube your chain and then wipe off the excess. Easy peasy, chain stays on the bike, takes all of two minutes, I get to ride more or keep my fingers in shape here at BF. <grin>