View Single Post
Old 07-14-21, 06:00 AM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Some are probably aware but there is a pending worldwide rubber shortage. At the wholesale level - we haven't had decent availability of tires and tubes for going on 2 years but now tube prices doubled practically overnight and they are forecast to double again in a few months. Thought I would start a thread where everyone could debate whether this is actually happening (even though I just said it is) and also post links on where tires and tubes can still be found and what prices they are paying, etc.

Also accepted are people who just want to make fun of everyone because "if you switched to tubeless you wouldn't have this problem" … ignoring the fact that most sealants will be affected as well.

This should be fun.
Have no idea if this is real, but, ..

#1 learn to patch a tube and you likely be golden with what you have on the shelve and in the wheels for years.

#2 Be less picky. You may not be able to get your favourite tube or tyre on sale, TODAY!, but Its not like the world ran out of bike tyres (or tube patches, or tubes).

Carry on! :-)

EDIT: Come to think of it. I just waited 3 months for a pair of Shimano hydro brifters .. Supply chain is definitely affected, but not to the point you cant ride.

Last edited by Racing Dan; 07-14-21 at 06:07 AM.