View Single Post
Old 07-15-21, 01:45 PM
grizzly907la
Grouchy Old man

Bikes: Diamond Back Insight 2, Gravity Basecamp mountain bike, GMC Denali Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 36 Posts
GMC Denali Phase I

I finally rebuilt the GMC Denali Road bike I got roughly two weeks ago. It didn't go exactly the way I planned it. I want to go with drop bars and brifters, but decided against that and instead went with flat bars. I had to send back the hollowtech bottom bracket, because the non drive side crank arm had a stripped bolt and the large chainring was warped. Opted for a sealed bb instead and some cranks I cannibalized from another bike. I am keeping the stock fork for now, and used the wheelset from the bike I cannibalized. I used the savings I got for the returned BB and purchased some 28c tires, along with innertubes.

A bike is just a frame, with components on it. The Denali is perfectly ridable with the stock parts. Of course they are not the best and require some TLC, however it's ridable after assembling it and and adjusting the components. The Kent/Denali road bike an inexpensive option for a commuter or casual rider. Components can be upgraded over time thus defraying the costs.

Phase I is complete. I want to do upgrade the fork to a lighter fork, go with a threadless headset, and install a hollowtech bb. Will post updates as they come.

Likes For grizzly907la: