View Single Post
Old 07-17-21, 07:25 PM
1simplexnut

Bikes: 1963? Anquetil , 1973 PX10,1979 PX10,1984 PX10, VITUS 979 PX10DU,1970S ALAN,1985 PSV10,1980s PY10FC,1978 bERTIN,ALAN carbon

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 636 Times in 283 Posts

BB spindle looks to be in pretty good nick:

Bearings are still smooth but in the interest of being thorough I think I’ll try to source some new ones. The part number on the rubber seal is SC0228LU, while the part number etched on the body is SC0228N. I suspect the LU designates a body with a groove cut in. The BB is interesting in that it is designed to allow for an adjustable chain line. The bearings are pressed into the BB shell and held in position with a circlip that fits in the groove of the bearing and presses against the outer edge of the BB shell. The spindle just slips into the bearing, and the side to side adjustment is controlled by the locking collars. Very simple and effective, but I can see how it could be a pain to set the chain line.

s? Feedback welcomed![/QUOTE]

For what its worth the LU in the part number refers to the seal . Full contact double lipped in this instance . LU one side only , LLU Both sides .
The "N" on the body refers to the circlip groove in outer ring .
In theory correct part number should be SCO228LLUNR .The "R" is for the clip in the groove if needed
(too many years working in the bearing industry )

Also the lock collars look to be reasonably standard shaft collar which will be available through an engineering supply company.
Sometimes only available with one grubscrew but nothing a drill and tap wont fix !

HAve fun !
Likes For 1simplexnut: