View Single Post
Old 07-19-21, 07:45 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by Caretaker
No what someone did 15 years ago is relevant, especially when they were convicted on irrefutable evidence yet have never acknowledged their guilt and tried for years to evade punishment on technicalities. Apply the same common sense that you would with a convicted criminal.

Apparent power is basically false evidence, but whatever, we want you to prove you're innocent for now, that is till we produce some other fake nugget.

But 'you know who' is an exciting attacker, an 'amazing' rider, so who cares about his past.
I wish we would. In theory, we have a system where you do your time and you are back on the outside. Yet, in practice, you're arguing for some durable sanction.

I might not be opposed to higher stakes penalties in some situations. I am opposed to lingering post-penalty double secret probation guilt trips. The penalty is what it is, contrite or not. Then racing again until the next finding and conviction.

I have no basis for emoting that he is clean or he is dirty or this or that. I like fact-based discussion and, even better, evidence-based ones. Until then, I prefer to suspend disbelief and enjoy the race. That's not the same thing as being naive about the possibilities, but it's such a slippery slope to disenchantment and bitterness that I'll just holdl off on the fun sucking ideas. If they come to light, I can watch it later on the WADA ticker or Oprah.
Likes For slcbob: