bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5230 Post(s)
Liked 1,856 Times in 1,214 Posts
Originally Posted by wundermary View Post
Hello all,
I'm Mary and I live in the Driftless region of the Midwest, USA. I've been riding recreationally for the better part of my life. I've mostly had British 3 speeds, although I am currently riding a Trek hybred and have picked up a 1991 Raleigh Technium, which I will be posting about in the help forum.

I have been riding 10 miles a day, 4-6 days a week, on paved/groomed trails. My goal is to move to road riding, at approximately 20 miles a day, 4 times a week. This is what I've picked up the Technium for. I found this forum while searching for information on the Technium and this looks like a good place to be so here I am...
I live in central Iowa, not too far from the driftless region. I love riding there but it does have some hills. Once you move off the paths to ride the roads, you will want to think about the gearing on that '91 Technium. You may want to post pics of the bike along with a description of the kind of riding you do in the C&V forum. We like old bikes. The posters will give you some sound ideas for how to get the kind of gearing you might need (as well as how to best fix up that bike) inexpensively.