Old 07-26-21, 01:51 PM
woodway
Squeaky Wheel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa View Post
​​​​​​Well, we finished the first of three months without too much hoo-ha.
Plenty of hoo-ha you live East of the Cascades. The North Cascades highway has been closed for a couple of weeks due to wildfire, there is another large fire north of Winthrop and a whole bunch of new fire starts all over the state.

In the Cle Elum area, near my house we had four fire starts over the weekend, one right next to I-90 at Golf Course Road, one up on Kachess Dam road and two down by Thorp. Thank goodness the fire agencies were able to get right on them. To say people are on edge over here is an understatement. It's *dry*, and not all the locals and the visitors who come for the weekend are always responsible in their recreation.

I'm never a fan of closing public lands, but in this case I am very happy that DNR closed things down.

Good site to follow for updates on new fire starts:

=AZXdCJ6pdWObcz-XyVbonmGnU6fRQT5aI1klwl0glgqie0KbZUscF-kQeVBDEneLtjJibETzo-ZU4F4EpfzwBH0TXZlzS7nIeIrGatwYmBi4JHkTVwBKCH4Nb5Rvnms5AjzTw4cKzm4NXv7xb8ImS7Pvne1JySh4Q_pku91R9cOqRK an9VJVrBbjPi1lTTY39vS9SMcVqMW4Cg6WiCEWCHnlqZAJjmrfZ7UQU05w_vV9aUl8cw5rDdLqVTsr5lULzT7LwQwxjdMGUyYRks uz9vax&__tn__=-UC%2CP-y-R]Washington State Fire Wire - Home | Facebook
Likes For woodway: