genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
In Colorado text messaging while driving is prohibited, drivers under 18 are prohibited from ANY mobile communication, even hands-free, and drivers of any age with a learner's permit are also prohibited from using any mobile communication device. I don't think Colorado Springs has any additional prohibitions. Even so, I see fewer and fewer drivers with phones up to their heads while driving. At stoplights, the phones come up for texting.

This is where my AirZound airhorn come in handy. A quick toot gets a driver's attention, and if a texting driver in front of me doesn't notice the light change to green, I honk also.

I still remember watching how cellphones began distracting drivers as they became more popular. However, I also remember as a kid in Chicago watching drivers read newspapers, magazines, books and maps behind the wheel in traffic before that.
The cell phone is a bit different from many other distractions in that it actually summons the user for a response.

While those other distractions are bad, once put down, they do not summon you. Phones ring, make attention sounds for texts and otherwise demand attention. That IS by it's nature, distracting.