View Single Post
Old 08-01-21, 06:53 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked 387 Times in 270 Posts

My Rohloff bike is a Thorn Nomad Mk II. SJS in the UK is the only retail outlet for Thorns. I ordered the frame and fork from them, also ordered the rims and some other parts from them. They sell complete bikes, but I used to work in a bike shop, I build my own wheels, etc. So, I chose to build up the bike myself. And I bought my Rohloff hub from Bike24 in Germany. It is a good thing that Rohloff manuals are on the internet, as when you order a Rohloff from a retailer in Germany, you get the German documentation, which I can't read.
I ordered my Co-Motion Pangea Rohloff late November 2013. I received it in March 2014. I ordered all the frame options and the light package. I also ordered the sloped down tube and the fork stays for the Schmidt Son SL alternator hub. The shop used spokes and rims that didn't allow for a good spoke line between the rim and Rohloff hub. I used Sapim spokes and Velocity Psycho rims. The Psycho's are a box style rim and around as heavy as the Ryde Andra rims. I had the wheels out a few weeks ago and the true has not changed. I don't ride on the dirt much but the desert roads are full of cracks.

Last edited by Rick; 08-01-21 at 06:57 PM.
Likes For Rick: