Old 08-02-21, 05:20 PM
birdmove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Broctoon
I say good for you!

Your bike may not be as fancy or lightweight as many of the ones people show here, but the important thing is it gets used. Few things are stupider than a really nice bike that's a garage queen. And if you're riding yours every day, it has probably given more value than many of the nice ones photographed and shown off, in terms of hours of enjoyment per dollar spent. I have too many bikes. I ride all of them, but some have not yet given a value anywhere near one hour per dollar. You've probably got me beat by a long shot!*

I hope your strength continues to build and your knee improves, so you can enjoy riding your bike for many more years.

I assume on your own bike the brake levers are positioned at a comfortable angle. That's the one thing that looks really wonky in the example picture you posted.

* You've also certainly beaten some guys who spend upwards of $10k on a flagship model from Specialized, Colnago, Pinarello, or the like, and ride it a few times a month. I mean, I'm sure those ultralight carbon fiber machines look really pretty hanging up in a sparkling clean garage, next to a Porsche or Range Rover. To me, they look even better out on the road, getting dirty with sweat dripped from above and road grit flung up from below.

Yeah, I've got the brake handles adjusted well well me. I still like this very basic single speed bike. I did an extra four miles on yesterday just for fun. Not ready to ride it to Hilo and back yet, but optimistic I'll get there.
And, thanks for your comments!!
Likes For birdmove: