View Single Post
Old 08-04-21, 06:57 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Russ Roth- it was the same for me- instant love for the wheel size. I bought two 29ers almost at the same time. One was a Titus Racer-X 29er and the other was a Moots YBB 29er. I was pretty shocked at the ability to improve the way I could ride through flow fast trails. Even. my beloved 5-Spot didn't stand a chance and was sold. The regular 26er is long gone for almost every manufacturer's lineup. The 27.5+ seems to have gone too but the regular 27.5 is just hanging on, with usually one model having 27.5 wheels. I think they keep those for shorter riders though. Speaking of 27.5, I just picked up a new fatbike...a Trek Farley which has 27.5 fat tires instead of the usual 26" ones like the Specialized Fatboy (Specialized has discontinued its fatbike). The carbon Farley is hard to find due to demand, but it is far nicer than my carbon Fatboy in how it rolls and the overall feeling of stability. It is more versatile as well and feels much better on dirt, though it is primarily going to be a bike for snowed in trails each winter. The overall height (I have not had time to measure) is likely a bit taller than a 29er with 2.4 tires.