autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
wow, that's a long day, I would never do that, hehe
yeah I was thinking OB to Aquinnah, but I had recently had a good time with 25ish miles so I planned a similar ride. Google maps is my friend
on more than 1 occasion we've missed a ferry at either VH or OB & had to do a mad scramble bike ride to the other port. we never get to the ferry early. wutz up w/ that?
so you don't take the dreaded shuttle bus w/ your bike? the shuttle bus is so much fun, NOT
Hehehe, the mad scramble to the other port is very familiar to me! First time ever wife and I did take the shuttle, but never after that. It was as much of a confusing mess as getting on the ferry with bikes (really, despite so many people traveling with bikes you still don't have a good system?). Took too long and on the way back they tried to put us on a bike-specific bus that was going somewhere else completely - apparently, there's a different lot you're supposed to park in if you have a bike? Fine if you're staying overnight, but not for a daytrip.
Plenty of parking lots along the Shining Sea, you're on your own schedule, and you don't have to bump elbows with everyone else on the bus? Shhh, don't let the secret out!

VH to Aquinnah round trip is about 36 miles? Not a short ride, but if broken up into 2 segments and you're spending a chunk of time in the middle on the beach, not so bad!
Likes For autonomy: