Old 08-11-21, 09:25 PM
tflt
Dog bait....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Domane sizing info from owners

I'm going to blame Iride01 for my problem. While perusing the forum one of his posts, or reply's mentioned that he regretted riding the same bike for so long, and I immediately realized I was doing the same thing. I'm riding 150 miles a week give or take, in some pretty good hills and have concluded it's time to give my 2001 Lemond Zurich a well deserved retirement.
I got it new, and at the time was all about being slammed and aero. As I got older and had some not so epic riding years, I have adjusted and refitted myself, pretty much chasing stack height, exactly what I did not want 21 years ago. Truth be told, I'm dialed in fairly well now, but won't be posting the Zurich in hot or not.
I want a Domane, and my feeling since deciding to retire the Lemond was to go up a size from my 59cm Lemond, (I understand there is really no comparison in sizing between my current bike and a new Domane). I also understand that the fit calc from Competitive cyclist is not the final word, but I inputted my numbers to get an idea, my cycling inseam is 93cm,total height is 185cm. The CC fit calc recommends a 57 cm TT length, and a 60cm Domane has a 57.9cm TT.
Now, I had a chance to spend some time on a new SLR7 today, in 58cm, and liked it a lot, but had to slide the saddle back to get kinda dialed in, I had room left on the saddle rails to go further, but couldn't help feeling I wanted more stack height, or French fit, saddle closer to handlebar height. I don't want to end up like I did on the Zurich. At least it took 21 years for me to get creaky on the Zurich.
I'm not requesting the internet to tell me what size to get, but am curious if owners or anyone with experience with different sizes could weigh in to help me decide. I'll stop blathering at the internet now...