View Single Post
Old 08-19-21, 05:00 PM
Mezger6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
in that case, the bushing/spring rock shox work well for that, imo. i have an indy xc and another one...don't remember the model offhand. i'll check that later and post. those two would give you something to look for on the bay.
yeah, there are much better forks these days. and, better forks even say ten years newer than your bike. but, as you probably know, the axle to crown height and fork travel will be your limiting factor on choices.
trawl ebay for forks. otoh, there's a website that sells refurb'ed marzocchi forks. i can try to find it for you at another point, but the guy's name is marzocchi mike....or something like that. get an older bomber Z1 or Z2. fully adjustable, linear pull brake compatible (or for some extra, a hanger and you can use canti's). just make sure the travel is around 70 or 80mm's and no more.
Thanks. Stock, as it is now, is prob ok for what I am going to do (I am mostly a roadie) flat trails here in coastal SC. I was just thinking it might be nice to get something a little firmer...definitely going used, and prob not much more than $150, and would really like to keep it within the year range as well. Don't really need anything with newer technology. I am looking at upgrading the group to XTR (again same vintage) and going to at 175 crank.

Last edited by Mezger6; 08-19-21 at 05:03 PM.