View Single Post
Old 08-20-21, 01:41 PM
DonTx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShelterIslJoe
Just forget about leaving a nice bike outside, even with a heavy kock. I'd suggest fixing up a $15 Craig's list special to be reliable and safe to ride. If it gets stolen there would be limited pain and easy replay cement.
This is exactly what I was going to do, but I looked quite a lot and found only junk for cheap. Used bikes have gotten expensive on craigslist.
I talked with her about the bike and storing it. She likes the idea of plastidipping or sticker bombing it. She also found a bike rack within sight of campus police office so that will help a little. The bike is made up of parts bin parts, with old dia compe brake levers, mismatched brakes, and a cheap bottle cage. I did spend money on new brake pads and a singlespeed freewheel. But lets be honest getting something stolen sucks, sometimes even more if it is something that was built rather than bought. So I am still worried about it but I will try to let it go. As for locks I will likely go with a Abus U-lock and a cable to link the wheels through the frame.

Last edited by DonTx; 08-20-21 at 01:51 PM.