View Single Post
Old 08-20-21, 11:40 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 817 Times in 420 Posts
I have one merino wool jersey from Oregon Cycle wear. (Spectrum did a great job on the embroidery logos.) I like the feel of it, but don't usually wear it on super hot days. What I don't like is how stretchy and saggy it gets if you use the rear pockets. Even a cell phone or wallet will make it sag. One year I rode it back to the motel with Eroica swag, including a small bottle of olive oil. It was sagging so much in back that it was hanging over the saddle. Washing and flat drying it made the shape come back ... till next time. I was 235 lbs when I got it, got down just below 200, and it seemed really big. I washed it in the machine, and instead of flat drying, threw it in a hot dryer, and it came out sized perfectly. I wore Kucharik jerseys back in my racing days, but not wool. I have a couple of Kuchariks now, still not wool. They do make great quality stuff.

Me, third from left, the red arm covers are separate.