Old 08-24-21, 06:49 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lampert

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked 458 Times in 339 Posts
I have an older than yours Mississippi built Schwinn Le Tour Luxe that I thought would just be ok. After riding it, I like it a lot. The biggest knock I have with the Mississippi built Schwinn's is the paint and decals. They are not anywhere near as good as Chicago built Schwinn's and not as durable as some other comparable frames. It looks like you are taking care of that issue and therefore evening the playing field again.

Your can measure them, weigh them, analyze them, but the proof is in the puddin', as they say. Find out which one you prefer when you ride them. You may even want to swap the wheel set so that you have better comparison.

I'm with you on the comparison of Canti's to sidepull brakes. I don't really favor one over the other.

You have a good dilemma there denaffen ..

I have a similar one I have my Le Tour Luxe and a similar Traveler. Both from Mississippi.. One of the reasons that I may favor the LeTour is that the Traveler has a fade paint job. And the Traveler has double butted True Temper tubing and the Le Tours is straight gauge. It is older than yours, At this point, I am keeping both. I set them up differently. The Le Tour Luxe has bar end shifters with drop bars and a triple chainring (now).