Old 08-25-21, 11:15 AM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 564 Times in 428 Posts
Originally Posted by gobicycling
In my low 80's, one of my challenging activities is teeny, teeny, tiny tris. This is a 45 minute swim, about a 1.5 mile walk (can't run much any more), and a 10 mile ride ...
Pre-injuries, I used to often do an hour of hard running to and from the gym, cycling 40mi round-trip to the ocean, then swimming hard (bodysurfing) swimming for a handful of hours. Wasn't for time, and certainly wasn't racing. But those days were good exercise days. Hard, and generally the following day or two would entail easing-up on the cycling and running until recovered. That was back in the day when all of the training buddies in our group dreamed of doing the Western States 100 miler, the Leadville 100, ...

No can do, anymore. I do light cycling, avoiding all the hills I can. I walk a little. I do strength and cardio exercise at the gym. And I do as much stretching as I can at home. Nobody's "tri" regimen, but it's what I can do. Of course, getting passed by nine year old kids takes a bit of swallowing ... though I can cope well enough.

I envy those who've still got it to go, after all these years.

Last edited by Clyde1820; 08-25-21 at 11:53 PM.