Old 08-27-21, 12:23 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
I might have mentioned previously in this thread that the apartment complex I sometimes ride through, I used to live in. So Irecognize that there were regular trash pickers that came through mostly pilfering the recycling for CRV but also grabbing anything else that was set out. People are moving in and out of apartments all the time and abandoning stuff, and parking it by the dumpster is the universal "this is ok but I can't be bothered to sell it" signal. Making me think of this, @rhm wrote in another thread today

Four times i have found bicycles out with the trash. One was a decent KHS mtb. I had to put the wheels in right and fix a qr and pump up the tires before i could ghost ride it four miles home. Good bike! My daughter used it for years until it got stolen last year. The bike she had before that was a little Schwinn MTB with 22” wheels. I went back for that one with the car.
Another was a Diamondback mtb, nice steel frame, no suspension, good components. I ghost rode it home and gave that to a neighbor (probably a mistake). Also a black Raleigh Sports for my wife. The hub dates it to the month she was born. That was so close to home that i just walked both bikes.
Now how are you gonna find that stuff if you don't ride through?
Genesis 49:16-17