View Single Post
Old 09-01-21, 02:42 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Cycling shoes are not limited in sizes or widths. In fact IME they often come in more sizes and widths than most other generic shoes. You just have to find what works for you. Not you personally by the way. But when people ask about shoes on a cycling forum, it makes more sense to recommend cycling shoes than any other type of shoe. In this case flat mtb style shoes would be the first place for the OP to start looking. There is plenty of choice. NBs may well work for you, but whenever I've tried cycling in that type of shoe they've always felt way too soft. Only cycling shoes give me the level of support I want for pedalling. It's almost as if they've been designed for pedalling.....

It's almost as if you spend wayyyyy too much time worrying about what other people are recommending.
The cycling shoes I've tried have been disasters for me, the New Balance works better for me. Support while pedaling is not an issue, I have ridden on multiple century plus rides on various types of bikes, and the combo of NB shoes and Chester pedals is highly effective and comfortable.

I don't care if you think it makes sense for me to say that or not. The question was what we use, not what should we recommend for people that will meet with the approval of certain posters.

Five 10s don't make wide sizes as far as I can find.
NB makes several types of shoes, I don't know what you mean by "that type of shoe". The one's I pick have fairly flat, pretty stiff soles. If I'm losing any energy that way, it's negligible.

And one more thing-12 EEE with a need for a really wide toe box. I can get NB that fits. Knock yourself out finding the equivalent platform cycling shoe..

Last edited by livedarklions; 09-01-21 at 02:56 PM.
Likes For livedarklions: