View Single Post
Old 09-02-21, 09:15 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3455 Post(s)
Liked 1,454 Times in 1,133 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheeseftw
... What I'm worried about is that when it's raining, I can't open the tent (or leave it open) because it'll rain straight inside the tent. I'd like to at least have a little space for me to sit outside without getting wet while I'm in camp, that's why I want the tarp for cover. What do you guys think? Maybe you have better solutions?
Good rain jacket, rain pants, possibly shoe covers. I have not gone on a bike tour now for two years, I do not recall if I brought a rain hat for use in the campsite or only used my hood for that. I might have brought one that crushes down to minimal volume.

Bike tours, I have never carried a tarp, even on days when I chose not to travel, if I wanted to sit I went into the tent and sat. That in part is why I never used a bivy.

Your tent is not a high end tent. After you use it for a while and figure out exactly what you want in a tent, go shopping for another.

When riding, I also like a rain cover for my helmet. My helmet has a visor, the rain cover over the helmet and over the visor keeps the rain from running down my forehead into my eyes.

My rain jacket has a hood but I never use a hood on the bike, I wanted the hood only for campsite use.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: