View Single Post
Old 09-04-21, 07:51 PM
Warbird21

Bikes: Salsa Warbird

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 85 Posts
My experience exactly. Except for the helmet, I've never felt like I needed to ride without one.
I rode in cotton t-shirt a few weeks ago, and was amazed how heavy it was once soaked with sweat.

Originally Posted by Iride01
I never cared for cycling specific clothing until I started cycling longer, further and more often.

I use to think why would I need those pockets on the back of my jersey. Now I wouldn't ride without them.

I use to like riding without gloves, but I found that gloves sort of add support and structure for my hands on long rides. And though I can't prove it yet, I feel they'll let me keep more of my palm if I ever go down and stupidly stick my arms out to stop my fall.

I use to wonder why I needed bike shoes with cleats, but when I started pedaling faster than 80 rpm, I realized that I needed something to keep my feet on the pedals when faster than that and riding on bumpy surface.

I use to wonder why I needed a helmet. Thankfully I had one on when I crashed and got a concussion that I can only imagine would have killed me or left me a vegetable with out the helmet.