Old 09-07-21, 09:49 AM
Harold74

Bikes: Miyata 1000, Lemond Zurich, Lynskey Rouleur, Airborne Zeppelin, Vintage Zullo, Miele Lupa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 75 Posts
Is it Reasonable to Expect that I Can Put These Shimano DT Shifters on this Miyata?

Existing Bike = 1992 Miyata 1000 LT, currently with 7-speed Shimano bar end shifters. Triple chainring.

Proposed DT Shifters = Shimano 600 SL-6400 7-speed. I'll pay a pretty penny for them NOS.

Question: when the snow falls, and I stop riding the bike to refurbish it, is it reasonable to expect that I'll be able to mount those shifters onto the braze ons that currently support the cable stop things? I would think so but I've been burned plenty in the past by minor compatibility issues.

Additional information in attempt to head some digressions off at the pass:

1) Yes, I know that bar ends are great for a number of reasons.

2) Yes, I could remove the cable stop and measure the braze-ons. I'm not going to until winter, however, and I need to make my DT shifter purchase before that.

3) Yes, I probably could remove the cable stop without even removing the cabling and measure the braze-ons. I'm not going to do that eithr, however, because I've not been able to with the application of a reasonable amount of force.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.