View Single Post
Old 09-09-21, 07:43 AM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 216 Posts
The problem with threads like his is the OP is looking for someone to change a generally negative opinion on carbon frames and/or reinforce his positive opinion on steel frames. Probably not gonna happen when the pro-carbon frame people get their hackles up for whatever reason.

I bought a Domane because my old aluminum bike was a bit harsh, a bit old and I wanted fancy new tech. I can afford it. Maybe a fancy custom steel bike would have been cycling nirvana. I wouldn't know. It was either carbon or Ti and I found the Domane in my size within driving distance.

I ride alone and for my own reasons, I do ask for hints and help on online forums as I don't know about some things, esp modern things. I am probably doing everything wrong but ya know what ..... I am riding .... alot.

To the OP , get an older carbon bike, stick with steel, buy Ti. Carbon people will tell you Carbon is great which doesn't fit your mind set.

A great example....I think my Domane is the best road bike I have ridden. Maybe I just don't know any better. All my steel bikes were in the 80s.