Joeyflowers
Joeyflowers

Bikes: Benotto, Specialized Sirrus, Breezer Downtown, Virtue 6, Del Sol crusier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Benotto 5000? Help for a newbie

Well shopping at one of my favorite thrift stores I saw a beautiful red Italian with chrome forks and stays that I just had to have. $40 and I brought her home. I'm a newbie so I need 10 posts before I can post any photographs. But this is what I've got. She's a Benotto with internal cabling and oval tubes. The BB has the heart cut out with an eye stamped in it. And then following numbers 5073 and B360 stamped on the other end. The front fork has a campy dropout but the rear dropouts have no markings at all. But here's the really weird thing. The component set is white Shimano sante which actually looks fantastic with the white Benotto lettering. I just thought it strange to have a Shimano group set like that. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of that from Benotto? I'd love to find out if those components are original. If they aren't I'd love to get the bike back to original even though I love the way it looks. Right now I can't wait to clean her up and give her a ride. As soon as I get 10 posts I'd like to post some pictures of her. Any advice I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!