OldRailfan
Old enough, hmmm?

Bikes: DeVinci, Bianchi, Nishiki, RBSM Mud Adder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
Are all your cameras still working? Why are you replacing them? Would a good functioning but expensive GoPro or Cycliq have been the way to go?

I have two cheap cameras. One for rear view (Kaiser Baas) and helmet (Campark V30). The battery cover on the Kaiser Baas is falling apart and the Campark has lost its date and time retention when you change batteries. But they are still functionable.
They're working, the DT hasn't arrived yet. As mentioned the CamPark was a $60 trial balloon, the Akaso Brave 4 is great with all the features I was after and more than enough accessories.
What still needs to be sorted is the mounting position for the Akaso, the DT will be helmet mounted.
By the way I don't believe that a GoPro would fare better as far as wiggle and sway goes. The trick will be to get the mount as low as possible to cut the degree of arc.
Just looked at the Cycliq you mentioned. I always smile at the videos they select, going downhill without pedaling is in my opinion not a good test. I have some of those going 62 km/h on pavement ..... looking very smooth. Doing that at slower speed on gravel will only introduce some vertical chatter but no sway.

PS so far I'm out Can$234 on the three cams! For that money one doesn't get to "play" with even one GoPro or Cycliq and would have to buy a slew of accessories to go with it e.g. different mounting schemes.

Last edited by OldRailfan; 09-09-21 at 09:11 PM.