View Single Post
Old 09-13-21, 08:17 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
Get ready for some sticker shock with the Ketterweisel trike compared to an upright bike. The Kett is a first quality trike. I had some local friends who owned a pair of them. The bought them more than 10 years ago and even back then they were $$$. They were very enthusiastic about riding them. Enough so that when they bought a house in my area, it was located about 3 minutes away from the entrance to a 40 mile trail near Lake Mead, Nevada so they could ride often.

Any trike is likely to be slower than your current bike. I've owned only tadpole trikes (2 wheels in front), but never a delta trike (2 wheels in the rear). The advantage of a larger rear wheel on a tadpole trike is a higher gear range. My Catrike 700 has the gear range of a 700C road bike (21.9 to 124.2 gear inches) while my first trike with standard gearing and a 20 inch drive wheel had a much more limited gear range - 19 - 98 GI. Since you live in Europe, your likely choices are Hase, HP Velotechnic, and ICE (Inspired Cycle Engineering, GB). All three companies make great quality trikes.