View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 02:17 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Most people learn what tradeoffs they're comfortable with through experience. If someone has being doing things a certain way for a long time, it must work for them, so you just have to accept that their experiences and sensibilities are different than yours and move on.
Originally Posted by Rdmonster69
That is very well put. My experience tells me to carry a spare inner tube, a patch kit, a pump and a multi tool....and a spare master link. I have used all this gear to help other people too !!

Now where's the fun in that? People need to be punished for not doing it my way!

Seriously, I love it when people offer to help when they see I have a flat. I like being able to say "no thanks, I'm all set" even more. I've had some very pleasant chats with people under those circumstances.

My most recent rescue was giving a Kind bar to an old man who had bonked, we got to talk about his old bespoke 1990s Lightspeed. Nice fellow, former serious rider who was now quite old and showing it,

But I digress.

What was this thread about?