Old 02-25-06, 02:27 PM
MrCjolsen

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, '85 Giant road bike (unrecogizable fixed-gear conversion

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Actually, I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my mid thirties. I didn't start the medication until I was 39. The medication has probably saved my career and my marriage.

My shrink made me get an EKG when all of those reports came out. The EKG was totally normal, and very good for a man my age. I've always had low blood pressure and low cholesterol. So I'm not worried about the cardio effects of the drug. In terms of intensity, the one or two adderalls I take have less of an effect on me than a few cups of black coffee. It just lasts longer.

But here is my question. Do people normally have a variance of 10 bpm in terms of their heart rate when exercising? I'm just wondering if it's not the time of day, sleep, or other factors. And I'm asking if anyone has actually studied this. I generally take one tablet very first thing in the morning, and two later in the day, around noon. I ride 13 miles to work and 13 miles home. My heart rate seems to be higher in the morning than in the afternoon. But in the morning I've also had coffee, I'm more likely to be in a hurry and I'm less tired.

I tested my max hr one morning and got it up to 203 in a sprint. At 160-170 I can carry on a conversation. At 140, I don't feel as though I'm exercising at all Yet, based on 220-age formula, my max should be 176 and I should start going anarobic around 150. That's just not the case.

My problem is what to use for my training heart rate, and if that rate should be adjusted as to whether or not I've taken my medication.

I've thought about not taking it in the morning until I get to work. But then I really would have issues getting out of the house and I'd probably be sitting here posting on BF when I was supposed to be on my way to work and then end up having to drive.
Likes For MrCjolsen: