Old 09-15-21, 12:01 PM
a_d_a_m

Bikes: 2021 Kona Sutra, Ragley parts-cycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 792 Times in 209 Posts
It seemed like no time before we had made it to London.

We ate mediocre pizza and then headed eastward from London toward Columbus, where the trail rides along the railroad (and crosses back and forth over it many times) for a considerable distance.

We made it to Battelle Darby Creek Metropark, where just prior to entry, I took the following picture. I was happy at the time the picture was taken, but became unhappy shortly thereafter, as signage was pretty stupid in this area, and they send you down a coarse gravel hill, solely for the purpose of sending you back up a huge paved climb that doesn't seem to end. Next time I ride OTET, I am skipping BDCM and riding Alkire Road instead.

First glimpse of Columbus that I was able to catch with my phone without stopping the bike.

Getting in to town was okay as far as signage, but we came in during evening rush, and I swear every motorist decided to delete the mufflers from their cars. Car noise was overwhelming and the intersection at Georgesville Road was quite harrowing for us.
I saved $100 by staying at the Red Roof, while the L and B stayed across the road at the Drury. Our co-worker, M, arrived that night and decided to ride back to Cleveland from Columbus with us. She stayed at the RRI as well.

Based on our entry to Columbus, I expected a bigger hassle getting out than we experienced. The path rides along I-670 for a bit, which was a wake-up call in terms of noise, but it wasn't too bad nor did it last too long.

We made it to the Alum Creek Trail without incident. Decent little trail, but I was underwhelmed by it after hearing so many glowing reviews of it. I guess for an urban trail it's nice...?

This was one of our breaks north of Westerville, maybe near Galena?

And here was our next, outside of Sunbury (speaking of - signage in Sunbury is confusing, or at least was to us). We had a stiff headwind during this time and the temps were sky high. None of us were having a great time, but press on we must!
Likes For a_d_a_m: