Old 09-15-21, 12:02 PM
a_d_a_m

Bikes: 2021 Kona Sutra, Ragley parts-cycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 789 Times in 209 Posts
In short-order, we made it to the 0-6-0 switcher locomotive for the first unscheduled break of the day...

And then shortly after, another break at the Howard stone arch.

And then shortly after, a tree was blocking our path...

The weather all day was pleasant and we made good time after those rapid-fire breaks. Big props to the folks who maintain the KGT, as it is smooth, scenic, and one of the highlights of the entire OTET.

As the KGT ends, you end up on the Holmes County Trail, which depending on where you are is either paved or is crushed limestone. Before long, you're in Brinkhaven at the Bridge Of Dreams, which has nice views out of both sides.

Riding north from Bridge Of Dreams, you cross under Route 62 and begin a steady climb towards Glenmont. I suck at climbing but I had my legs this day, and made it all the way up to the peak - Baddow Pass - without stopping. The climb is gradual for about 4 miles and then increases drastically at the pass.

Then you get about 3.5 miles downhill during which you barely have to pedal. That is always fun. In Glenmont, you have to ride about 7 miles on OH-520, which people warned me would be harrowing and scary and blah blah blah.........I loved it. No traffic, nice views, a few hills to get my legs awake. Yes, I'd ride it again.

As 520 ends, you end up in Killbuck, where you should absolutely stop at the Killbuck Sweet Shoppe for one of their milkshakes. They do a good burger, too.
Likes For a_d_a_m: