Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3884 Post(s)
Liked 1,937 Times in 1,382 Posts
Originally Posted by Scalage
Hey, I'm new here. I specifically made an account to answer this question which I've been struggling with for years. How the hell do you combine weight training with cycling??? Because I must, otherwise I get injured all the time. Yet if I do, my interval training suffers majorly. I just stopped a training because of DOMS of a session I did monday. That session was only 3x 10 split squats, normal squats and a bit of ab work. With only body weight....

I can't seem to do it. I've tried short and heavy, light and long and I cannot for the life of me do more than 3x 10 with only bodyweight and my training still suffers.

Please help, I'm desperate.
You could try a rather fun experiment. Try taking daily whey protein in the amount: grams = 2 X bodyweight in kilograms. Take it in ~40g doses spread throughout the day. Do that for 2-3 weeks, see what happens. That's a simple, harmless experiment. We all differ in our ability to assimilate protein and turn it into tissue. You'll need an inexpensive gram scale is all. Chocolate flavored whey protein is quite palatable dissolved in plain water. Optimum Nutrition is a reliable brand, readily available online.