Old 09-16-21, 11:09 AM
Fastfwd01

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo R5 Dura Ace, 2015 Cannondale Synapse 5 Disc 105, 2006 Cannondale F300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Ok, thanks. I appreciate the weather links. I'll keep an eye on it.

I've looked at doing so many rides to wrap up the fall I maybe have lost sight of the Lookout Mountain topping out at 7,500 feet. It is at an elevation a few thousand feet above the surrounding area, however. So, I'm not sure I've ever done any cycling quite like this.

I looked at the New York Gran Fondo Santa Fe and was surprised that Santa Fe sits at nearly 7,200ft. There was a Boulder ride last weekend that I had my eye on that got up to around 9,500ft or so. Telluride has one coming up that is almost all downhill one way and then they've got Tour of the Moon the same weekend out that way. The Denver Century looks like a pretty mild ride, but it should be a decent enough challenge of a climb for my current fitness level.

I just bought a slew of new shoulder season kit. My older gear needed a refresh. I would love to work that new Assos Spring/Fall base layer into the mix, but I'm not sure I won't melt with it on if the temperatures get into the 70s. I'm deciding between keeping the Assos wind vest or jacket. I got a good deal on the jacket so I might keep it and send the vest back. The vest is in a size large and fits nice except the neck is a little tight. It certainly packs into a jersey pocket nicely. The jacket is an XL and isn't nearly as 'aero' as the large on me, but probably more practical for my regular riding needs.

I got in the Assos spring/fall socks, gloves, and foil too. The socks should be no problem. I can pocket the foil pretty easily so I might wear it. I may wear the gloves and if they get too warm just put them in a pocket too, but I doubt that will be an issue. I'm afraid I'll end up the ride with pockets full of kit that was too warm, but it might be better to have it and end up shedding it than not having it and getting too cold. idk.

Last edited by Fastfwd01; 09-16-21 at 11:12 AM.