bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
No, I get that part, I just don't get whether it means you do that 150-200 ride in addition to your routine weekly riding that week.

I guess where I'm going with this is that there's a point at which you're probably hitting your maximum realistic weekly mileage already, and this is suggesting you could double that. In your case, the one day total is absurd, but a little less weekly mileage, and the "you can double that" might be almost as absurd. And in my case, my weekly routine already includes a century, so I don't think the rule of thumb makes any sense, I'm going to do that century plus all of the other miles that week in a single day?

Also, I don't know why it follows that if you ride 20 miles 5 days a week, you can therefore jump right to riding a century. I do lots of 25 mile rides, it's just a totally different animal than a century.
Ah, yeah, gotcha.
No, I think it generally means that if you have trained your body to go that much in a week, you could summon that amount of energy for one ride if your body was not taxed by an average week's miles.
If I'm mistaken about this, then I'm going to have to recalibrate what it means to go out on a 'long ride'.
Likes For bargo68: