Cougrrcj 
Over forty victim of Fate

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 368 Times in 255 Posts
a_d_a_m Nice write-up!

Got three weeks to spare next time? I have my POO ride (Perimeter Of Ohio) just about all mapped out. That's the entire perimeter of the state, or ~1035 miles - but very flat. Flat along the shore of Lake Erie, and flat following the Ohio River from East Liverpool all the way to Cincy. The only moderately hilly sections are along the OH/PA line, and climbing out of Cincy to Oxford. Longest day is 65 miles, shortest is 38. Three planned 'rest days' My intent is to get all of the riding in before noon-1pm, and then spend the afternoon soaking in the history/ambiance of each little town/berg/village. Lots of history along the Ohio River!!! Week one takes me to along the Lake Erie shoreline, south along the OH/PA line to ELP, then follow the Ohio river to Marietta, week 2 keep following the Ohio River to Cincy and up to to Oxford, week 3 north along the OH/IN line,East along the OH/MI line to Toledo and back to CLE.

In fact, the longest day is the first day from home (Grafton) to Fairport Harbor. I'm also trying to figure out a good way across Sandusky Bay... Ride (illegally) on the Rt 2/269 bay bridge, Or do I take a ferry from Port Clinton or Catawba to Put-in-Bay, then another from there to Sandusky?
'86 Miyata 710
'90 Schwinn Woodlands
Unknown brand MTB of questionable lineage aka 'Mutt Trail Bike'
Plus or minus a few others from time-to-time