Old 09-21-21, 03:08 PM
tankist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 55 Posts
When my friend switched to tubeless I was highly skeptical at first. Because I read on these forums that tubeless are painful junk. But gradually he learned how to handle the new technology and practically stopped getting flats. Before tubeless he would get a few flats every months. With tubeless all small punctures would heal themselves. The rare large ones can be fixed with bacon tool or even better the Dynaplug system.

Looking at his success I also got a new bike with tubeless tires. Hutchinson Sector 32 rear, Conti GP 5k front. After more than 5k km I haven't had a single accident of a flat interrupting my ride. Whatever punctures I get would heal themselves. Usually I notice them after the ride by white spots on tires and sometimes white remnants of dried sealant on frame.

We both use Orange sealant since it is supposed to be better than Stan for plugging punctures. Maintenance is not that hard - mount tire, add sealant, seat the tire by CO2, pump to max pressure, rotate in all directions and orientations to distribute the sealant. After that add sealant every 3 - 6 months depending on weather temperatures and how many punctures have happened during that time.