Old 09-22-21, 03:45 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4391 Post(s)
Liked 4,833 Times in 2,988 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Just wondering about the second scenario. Why would you ever need to seat a tubeless in the field? The only thing that comes to mind is not carrying a spare tube if you get a massive hole which a plug and sealant won’t take care of,. But then patching on the inside of the tire along the road is problematic getting a patch to stick without thoroughly cleaning that area. As one other poster very delicately put, Only a moron would ride tubeless without a spare tube, or something to that effect. Delicate or indelecate, he is right and you should never be in that position unless I can’t thing of a scenario, which is possible.
Actually the scenario I was thinking about was where you could easily use a Dynaplug to seal the hole, but the tyre had unseated making it very unlikely to re-seat tubeless using just a mini-pump. So then you would have the extra hassle of fitting a tube just so you could re-seat the tyre. So I was wondering if CO2 would avoid this by re-seating the tyre tubeless.

In reality I’ve never had a tubeless tyre actually unseat out on the road or trail. So I’ve never had any trouble adding air after a tubeless repair.