Old 09-23-21, 05:31 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked 598 Times in 345 Posts
I use the same saddle but the tilt is slightly more level on my indoor setup. I too used to feel than one hour was excruciating on the trainer. I changed some things that made indoor saddle pain go away: getting in the habit of regularly pedaling out of saddle, having a slightly lower cadence while pushing the same power so more weight is on the legs than butt compared to outdoors, and getting tilt functionality (first the Kickr Climb, then going with a full Kickr Bike). I've also found that I feel more comfortable wearing my least padded bibs, strangely I immediately feel less comfortable with my nicer bibs from Assos and Rapha that work well for me outside on centuries.

I don't feel the need for any additional trainer motion. My longest indoor ride was a vEveresting that took most of a day, butt was totally fine (no surprise with all the 60 rpm and OOS pedaling). Outlier though that was, I've done a lot of 90-180 min rides.
Likes For surak: