Old 09-29-21, 04:23 PM
Harold74

Bikes: Miyata 1000, Lemond Zurich, Lynskey Rouleur, Airborne Zeppelin, Vintage Zullo, Miele Lupa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 75 Posts
rccardr What wonderful information, thank you. I'd like to make a rapid purchasing decision tomorrow. To that end, what do you think of these options:

1) I buy 9 speed DA DT shifters with curved boss covers and sub in the flat boss covers from my 9 speed bar ends.

2) I buy 10 speed DA DT shifters with curved boss covers and sub in both the flat boss covers AND the shifting pods from my 9 speed bar ends. This gives me the ability to upgrade to 10 speed in the future which I've been contemplating.

3) I buy 8 speed SLR 400 DT shifters (cheap & brand new) with curved boss covers and sub in both the flat boss covers AND the shifting pods from my 9 speed bar ends.

I may ultimately grind down the curve boss covers but, for now, let's assume that's not on the table.

Lastly, do you know how the internals on a shifter pod work? Ever taken one apart? I'm quite curious to know how loosening the screw switches it over into friction mode.