Old 10-02-21, 06:24 PM
reluctantsuburb

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
You just won.

You can almost definitely get 32s in there, I'd think as is. I find they feel nearly as plush as 35s, and are easy to source (I love Zaffiros at 32...I have not yet partaken of Paselas however.) The Cyclone group is REALLY flexible and solid stuff. You could possibly get a compact crank rather than change the freewheel, or even get a triple. Not sure what the Hubs/rims are but they look decent enough.

As far as reach (from seated to bars, were you felling scrunched with your hands on top of the levers, on the drops, or on the straight part of the bars?

And by the way, tin foil and barkeeps friend/WD40 will take that rust right off the chrome parts of the fork. Drop the derailleurs and shifters, skewers and rusted parts into evaporust...they'll look blingy. And the frame should polish up beautifully.
Hooray! All great tips, thanks.

For the squished feeling, mostly in the drops but felt some in general. I was having a tough time with the brakes unless I was in the drops. Looking at pics, I wonder how much I'd benefit from stem and seat being roughly the same height.

Originally Posted by beicster
Nice find. I think you did great for $80. You mentioned saddle height. I can't tell what size the bike is but the head tube looks like one for a 25" frame. Could be the contrasting color makes it looks like that. Anyway, If it is a 25, that saddle looks high. I have a 92 PBH and I would have less seat post showing on a bike that size. However, bike fit is pretty personal so go with what works for you. Regardless, have fun with it while you figure it out.
Totally, I think I need to drop it down. I was used to a seat post that used a quick release and couldn't find my Allen wrench. And I think it is the 25"/62cm frame!