Old 10-05-21, 12:48 PM
KCT1986

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam2021
Hi KCT1986,
Hey thanks much for replying back to me. After i actually posted this - I did call the local bike shop where I got my bike from. The owner of the shop actually recommended that I better - or easier for me to get a set of new wheels - starting at around $650.00 and up - rather than rebuilding the free hub. I was hoping to not spend that kind of money. Seems to me that, there should be a way to just replace the hub. Apparently parts are very hard to find these days according to him, and I do believe that somewhat, but..... I will be taking my bike to another maybe local shop to get looked at based on your recommendation - as I am very new to this. Again - I really appreciate your help. The Bill guy really caught me off guard - I was actually trying to upload a pic of my bike to prove I was real and not trolling - but since I'm very new to this forum - I was unable to -
Well it looks like you're getting some responses from other members, some slightly useful and others... Unfortunately, unless someone has opened up a hub exactly like yours, its hard for anyone to know what's compatible.

Hopefully your local shop has seen this specific hub before or will recognize its origin.

And yes, Bill is one of a few posters here that seems to post on many threads, some times with good info, but many times with bad info and poor biased opinions. These few guys seem to have a "know it all" attitude and hate to be corrected. When proven wrong or their opinion debunked, they stubbornly refuse to admit defeat.

Welcome aboard.
Likes For KCT1986: