Old 10-10-21, 01:12 PM
Markeologist

Bikes: Since new: 86 Rodriguez Tandem, wife's 87 Gitane Team Pro, 92 Burley Rock-n-Roll, 85 Fisher Comp, 88 Puch Pro, two 92 Bridgestone X0-1s; later: 66/67 Gitane Champion du Monde, 70 Gitane Super Corsa, 70 Carre, 87 Gitane Team Pro, 77/78 Ritchey Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 362 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Santuri32
That how it goes, money over quality...I was hearing an interview with Steve Potts "I wanted to make bikes that lasted forever" he was told what a bad business practice. That brochure is nice seems to present the imported bikes features like on my 86.5? Montare. Would you happen to have the spec sheet for 87 of the Montare? See my bike, is a tad small for me.

yes, I have spec sheets for Montare too, I think 85, 86, and 87.

I see in a previous post you indicted the change in name from Ritchey Mtn Bikes to Kelly and Fisher Mtn Bikes…never saw that name on a bike and the Kelly and Fisher moniker was for their shop in San Anselmo. The split between the parties happened in 83 and effected the 1984 bikes. In 1983 “Ritchey Mountain Bikes” we’re still being sold by K&F out of their small shop in San Anselmo…as shown in 1983 Fat Tire Flyers.

The first 84 “Fisher” Mtn Bikes had label without silhouette of Mt Tam on them…see the large team tri-color you posted. In 1984 Fisher also introduced “Montare Mountain Bikes” which as originally introduced were a completely separate line…see photos below from inter web. They didn’t become more completely folded into Fisher Mountain Bikes until 1985. I still see some of these early Montare Mtn Bikes floating around neighborhood.

Last edited by Markeologist; 10-10-21 at 02:25 PM.