View Single Post
Old 10-10-21, 11:39 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2473 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 513 Posts
I don't usually use my Mac for anything other than music production so getting photos out was a bit of a learning curve because the photos want to upload in .heic format. I 'think' I have things ready to go. The Bike Friday Tandem

is an odd duck. It still uses threaded headsets so the cool spacer type cable hangers won't work. Anyway, the front end isn't what keeps me up late. It's the rear:

the entire hanger and caliper assembly need to be contained away from the seattube so the whole rear end assembly can fall away from the seattube when the bike is folded.
Ideas from most desirable to least include:
1. Vintage 1" cable hanger/stop with cable pulley to double the cable back and aim it at the straddle wire.
2. Current seat clamp cable hanger/stop and quick disconnect at the straddle anchor.
3. Canti up front only and the mini-v with, or without, a Travel Agent in the rear

The last option may well be the most practical. The tandem we ride most often hasn't had a working rear brake in months and I don't find that any big deal. So less than optimal braking at the rear end is fine but for my OCD which would like to have the same type of brake at both ends of the bike.